Monday, October 6, 2008

Breast Cancer Awareness Month!

It's October. Breast Cancer Awareness Month. It's kind of a passion for my family and me. My mom will be a 10 year survivor in March of '09. Last year, we participated in Race For the Cure for the first time. We already have our hotel room booked for the race next year. I'm ready!
In honor of my mom and the race, I created this LO afterwards, with my favorite running shoes and my number from the race. A lot of blood, sweat, and tears in the darn wording, I tell ya. And one dull Cricut blade afterwards.
The papers are Melissa Frances (a BC survivor), the song is Melissa Ethridge (a BC survivor) and in celebration of my mom...you got it, a BC survivor.

And, when I started playing with the scraps from the layout, I created several cards that, quite honestly, I love!
Do the right thing ladies....check 'em!

2 comments:

Chris said...

THESE CARDS are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!

Angela J. Prieto said...

I love your layout and all the cards you made Miranda. Beautiful!!